On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Does Writing Make You Happy? Reading?

For me, the answer is yes to both. I was an avid reader before I became a writer -- and I think that if you read enough good books you will absorb structure of storytelling.

I've found (especially lately) that the days I don't write I'm not as happy that evening or the next morning waking up as the days that I do...even if I'm reading new books or old, beloved stories.

So know what pleases you and do it. ;)

May you enjoy your work today.
Robin

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader.... yes! I could not enjoy life without books, my favorite place is the Public Library.
Today I put in my order for Heart Change with my local book store; due in November. Can't wait!! will request it at the Library too, so they buy it as well; you have a following in our branch and they will be happy to know.
Will you be able to publish Heart Journey at the beginning of 2010 since you finished your other series? Hope so!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kaycee James said...

I didn't realize how much happier I am after I've written until my son pointed out that he can always tell when I've been writing.

Even a bad day writing is a good day. :-)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Alessa Ellefson said...

Wow, I can so tell you're a true writer, that it's in your blood :)

I find the only days where not writing doesn't bother me is when I do a lot (make that LOT) of reading.

5:46 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon, thanks! I'm not sure when Heart Journey (current title) will be out. It is actually not due until December because I wanted to leave time to do some proposals, then Luna came to me, so I'm glad I set the deadlines out.

Kaycee and Alessa, keep writing. I feel blue when I don't write, but that doesn't always stop me from lazing around.

Robin

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]