On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Reply to comment: Why Middle Initial D.?

Very easy reason. When I wanted the website robinowens.com (March of 2001), it was not available. The guy who had it had bought it for his sister's boyfriend who became her ex. I asked a couple of times but was afraid he'd raise the price very high, so I went with the D. and I asked my publisher to put the D. on my books. When he didn't renew that domain, I got it and it is parked with mine.

It can be a little disconcerting to overhear my name, or hear myself called that, but I'm getting used to it. I've had comments that it adds a certain something, so that's ok, too. As long as my first and last are remembered, I don't care.

So, a practical reason, ease of finding an author on the net.

Also, I have a second, email name, that I'm coming to think of myself as, if I ever want a real pseudonym. Problem with that one is that though both the names are common, they aren't spelled in the common way...so if I ever go with that name, I should probably buy both sites again. If possible.

May you enjoy yourSELF today.
Robin

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

That make sense. Lots of writers add an initial to their names. J.K. Rowling's didn't even have a middle initial and added her grandmother's name so she could use it.

Janice~

10:35 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Janet. Names are important for an author.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]