On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heart Change Cover

Photobucket

Signet D'Marigold's lonely life is shaken when a prophet reveals she is a catalyst for change... But to accept her new life – and the charge of a noble child, Avellana Hazel – will mean embracing a danger that may be fatal for them both.

Cratag Maytree sold his sword and traveled across continents to find a place with his distant family. His settled life is disrupted as he is loaned out as a bodyguard for Signet and Avellana. Once again he feels like an outsider.

As Signet's and Cratag's attraction develops into love, her fear of abandonment and his wariness at their different backgrounds diminish. Happiness seems within their grasp until fate makes them targets of a secret enemy they must defeat to survive...

********************

Yes, I'm pretty happy with the cover. I think it will sell. I am not changing Cratag's dark, short hair but I'll be adding the tatt today and I'm thinking about the amulet...

May you enjoy your imagination today.
Robin

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa... pant pant!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Agree !

Wow, pant pant

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is this one supposed to be released? Bummer you will not be in Greeley.

Regards, Ruth

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader..
Good cover, like it even though I prefer less meaty fellows and no pouting lips!... well you cannot win them all, besides the kind of male you describe would be marked by tatoos - not top drawer anyway.
Sometimes wonder why European & Canadian writers are able to produce interesting and exciting plots with no violence but American ones have lots of it?
Some "romance" authors read like frustrated thriller/mystery writers with sex thrown in!.
Difficult to find books/movies to enjoy with no violence, car chases and explosions! Maybe that is why imported movies make it?

10:25 AM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

I'll make it three...

Whoa...pant, pant!

You definately need to keep this artist doing your covers!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

I love this cover! When will the book be on sale? I want to read it now! I predict lots of people will pick up this book because of the cover. What does the tattoo say, anyway? Curious here...

11:27 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Think this is one of your best covers. Remember that horrible first Heart Mate cover?

How much imput do you have in these?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle Rudeau said...

I agree it's a good cover. (Though still a little thrown by blond curly hair.) I was just thinking that Heart Quest was the only lightish color cover, and you needed another like that. Et voila!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Squeeee! *claps hands in glee*

Definitely going on my "must buy" list.

I'm also slightly thrown by the blond hair, but I think it's because I'm blonde, my whole family is blond/e, so when I think "hot guy", I immediately think "dark hair". Some sort of genetic trip switch to keep me from inbreeding, I suppose. :-)

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fluffing shirt to create a breeze!!!

I too was thrown by the long blonde hair and the pouty lips, more by the lips. I had pictured Cratag to be older and more like a Marine Sergeant than someone young like Tinne.

Will need to go back and reread the books with Cratag in them. Darn.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

The cover's GORGEOUS! Yum. :D

9:42 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, all! Yes, the cover has grown on me, as they all do. The hair is a problem since in the book it's "so short that the color was hard to discern, but darkish" or something like that. Not changing that, nor adding the lips. I'll put the tatt insert up on Saturday. ;)

HEART CHANGE IS SCHEDULED FOR THE FIRST WEEK IN NOVEMBER.

Thanks a lot,
Robin

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]