On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Networks

I have a friend I've known a long time through my sf/f reading group. She's been writing, but came along a different path -- the short story. But we've spoken of writing often (usually every Sunday at brunch) and she's found a workshop that really helps her -- in Oregon.

Last night I get a call from her partner that there's an emergency and he doesn't know exactly where she is (I suspect she told him multiple times but didn't write it down for him). Do I recall the workshop? I don't but I think I might have an email from her or be able to figure it out.

I do, but there is no info re: where it's taking place, city or hotel, but I do know one of the other people in the workshop. I'm on a loop with her. So I go to the loop and find an ad for an old workshop from 2007 and give the info to my friend (he's a friend, too) and note another hotel near by.

Then I post a note to my loop requesting help.

Five minutes later I have the current info. It's the same as the old stuff, so I sigh in relief. I can't tell you how much it meant to have a quick answer to my cry for help.

Bless your friends and your connections. They can all come in handy for more than publishing someday. They can be true support in every sense of the word.

Robin

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]