On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, March 02, 2009

Author Career Responsibilities

So, the book is done, what next?

The Cast of Characters and maybe a Family tree need to be done.

Contests to judge.
Intensively prepare for my workshop "Interviewing Your Characters" in two weeks. I have interview sheets, I have notes, I need to put them together.

Proposals: I think I'll work on the contemporary fantasy romances first, though the dark urban fantasy trilogy is more fleshed out. I'm not sure.

Cast of Characters is for the upcoming book.
Contests are my way of "giving back" to the writing community.
Workshop, again, "giving back" and promotion.

Proposals, the lifeblood of the writer's career. You can't stop pitching them if you want a career.

May your job/vocation go well today.
Robin

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]