On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book Endings

I know I've said these are very important, and one of my (old) favorite writers could never nail the ending. It was as if she wrote most of the book and rand out of time and ended it in a paragraph or two. Even as a reader I hated that.

And I've also said that I write out of order. Don't know if I told you all, but Heart Dance's, Protector of the Flight's, and Echoes In the Dark's ending were all written and saved as separate scenes, chapters.

Sometimes easier to write climactic bits! Echoes In the Dark's ending battle had to be crafted well (and I hope I did that) and make sense, especially going back and forth between the men and the women. I think I revised those scenes upward of five/six times.

Well, the ending of Heart Change came to me this morning as I was laying in bed after I woke. I knew what I wanted to do, but didn't know how I was going to do it. Ok, I wanted to separate Cratag and Signet at a vital moment and the event needed to have certain pre-requisites. This morning I got the idea and I'm pretty sure I can make it work.

So I'm pleased though I've been researching and haven't written a word other than this, haven't done anything but feed the cats (who are not happy with their venison).

May you be inspired today.
Robin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]