On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 09, 2009

Writing Intense Scenes

Yesterday I geared myself up to write a scene I'd been pretty much avoiding for a month. Today was just as intense and after three hours to meet my wordcount, I'm exhausted.

So there's mental work and physical work and day jobs and writing job...and how to weigh one with the other.

I can handle blogging and promotion and research today, but I don't know that I could go back to the writing. And I'm not sure of the emotional punch, either. I think it's there, but I have a feeling I'll have to revise and add to it. I know I got the essence of the scene down but may need to add descriptions and more character emotions to it. I have a feeling this bit is not something I'll be able to judge, and I'll never get the new impact because I know it's been coming longer than I've been published and it will never be a surprise.

Whew.

Meanwhile, my retreat to Fairplay is OFF since Dingo got in a cat fight and needs medicine twice a day (he's actually very well but had a nasty infection), and my regular catsitters are both unavailable. And I didn't get the car in to be serviced beforehand....

Anyway, that's it from me and the days have been grayer than normal with hardly an hour of sunlight and that's hard for me, too. I don't know that I would ever be able to live in Ireland, a dream of mine.

Love to all, and may your brain not strain today.
Robin

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]