On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thicker skin?

I was surfing the net and came across a very bad review for Heart Fate...and it didn't faze me. It's probably because I was tired, and the fact that of the reviews I skimmed by this person, none were highly rated. I have a feeling s/he was at RWA and picked up a bunch of free books (which makes me ask WHY?).

Also, I have my rationalization at hand, at least for Heart Fate...I mean, Amazon's Best of 2008, ok? So it's easier to shrug off the review.

I DO hope it means I'm getting a thicker skin, I could use it.

May you have no pricks of the ego today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader..
send a couple of psychic alpha males to straighten this person out!
Impossible to please everyone.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Amazon's Best fo 2008. I had not picked up on that in your daily blog. Congrats!!

Tine

8:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL Anonymous, some people will never like my work. But I've never understood taking free books just because they're free. Not sure what she'll do with Heart Fate, but I hope it falls into the hands of someone who will enjoy it.

Tine, thank you! That Heart Fate was named one of the Best of 2008 by the Amazon Editors continues to make me smile...a significant honor I'm grateful for.
Robin

7:23 AM  
Blogger Athene said...

Maybe she had known you as a good reader and thought someone she knew would enjoy them even when they didn't. Then again on the down end of the thought is that they could have turned around and sold them to a used bookstore.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Athene said...

Maybe she knew someone who would enjoy them even if she didn't (and she had thoroughly enjoyed your books beforehand). Then again there could be the chance that she turned around and sold them to a used bookstore. *sad sigh at that prospect*

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]