On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Author's Copies of Echoes In The Dark Have Arrived

I was excited to open them up and see them, more than most of my other books lately, because it's the end of the series. I went to breakfast and got grease on a page so promptly wrote "Author's Reading Copy" on it. I have these copies that I use when reading and will modify for the reading if necessary.

So I'm pleased.

May you get something you wanted today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

When is Heart Change coming out? Sooner than the usual year apart, I hope? I just discovered this series and can't live another year without it. I used to be an editor, if you need one.....:oD

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be so excited. I'd love to see one. I hate to wait, but I'm practicing patience. I'm also hoping that the group I do reviews for gets an advanced copy and I can scap it up before anyone else gets it. It's a stretch though because if they add it to the list of books to be reviewed while I'm at work or not online I know it won't last long, your books are very popular on our site. Anyway, Happy Holidays and Best wishes for a Great New Year.

Valerie

7:53 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Susan, since I'm still working on Heart Change...or lying on my bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about it...it isn't done yet but is scheduled for November.

Valerie...ah, I think the ARCs went out a while back, but maybe your group will be getting a real book.

The first scene I read was a battle scene...one of those that just came and I didn't work hard on, and that I enjoyed. It did just what I wanted it to do. I find the ones I slave over I'm not to interested in reading.

And thanks!
Robin

10:22 PM  
Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Ah, but the one with the grease spot is more valuable than all the rest! (remember the coffee stain Garabaldi got on G'Kar's book of G'Kwan in Babylon 5??) ;)

1:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Suzane, I don't think that any of my personal copies will be terribly important to collectors, but I agree. As for me, I am all out of clean copies of Protector of the Flight and Guardian of Honor. I have a couple of clean copies and author copies of the original HeartMate, but that's it.

Robin

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]