On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NaNoWriMo & Day - Night of Writing Dangerously

I actually posted on My space:

Well, you can all tell that I hang out at blogspot instead of here, but they don't have emoticons and music pics, so I'm here (and will probably copy this over to http://www.robindowens.blogspot.com ).

I am participating in the National Novel Writing Month and slogging along, keeping wordcount on old envelopes, computer files, here and there (which is why it took a big leap last week, I found some stuff). Anyway yesterday was the Day - Night of Writing Dangerously for the Denver metro area of Nanos.

It was in a gorgeous Chinese tearoom, the Seven Cups, with lots of wonderful tea (I had the premium Keemun since I'm a black tea fiend)...and right now I'm having some special Darjeeling that I bought at my local store, Urbanistic Tea and Bike Shop...

A beautiful place with wonderful people all plugged up to laptops. I think there were about 30 of us in there during the day. Excellent day all around, but I am glad to be fiddling around home today (I think I've gotten about 40 words done while reviewing chapter 23 of Heart Change).

And while listening to this music (gongs, chimes, etc. that I got while doing the Summoning Series -- Garden of Serenity) I thought the morning was perfect, even without the sun and not quite above freezing.

And I'm confident that I'll make the 50K of the NaNoWriMo...so, it's been good.

May you enjoy Thanksgiving week, and have a kind day.
Robin (feeling Blessed)

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Good luck on the nano I'm at 43,000 words so not too much further to go.

I like roasted green tea my self, but there is only one store I found that sells it.

Janice~

1:35 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Roasted green tea? Hmmm, I'm going to the tea shop today, and we have bonded, so I may ask her about that.

Or you can look at 7 cups, the NaNo Hostess knew all about tea...

Robin

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]