On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Not Sure How It Happened

For once, I wanted to keep "law" out of my book...but I set a scene in JudgementGrove...just to introduce some new characters, then next thing I knew I was setting up a legal case for a book a while down the line and one of the characters that was going to be mentioned in passing was front and center.

That happens when I try and keep my background out of a book, next thing I know, it's got a scene about the rules or laws of Celta...urgh.

But, naturally, I like the scene, and we'll see if we keep it...

May you follow your bliss today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Does that mean you were once a lawyer?

I'm tantalized by the hint of a book down the line. How far down the line?

I loved the scenes with Ailim judging and the sense of law on Celta. And no I'm not a lawyer, I just like knowing the society's background...

10:19 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I spent many years as a paralegal.

Down the line...Laev's story...and more. I introduced a group of girls. I shouldn't have, the scene had masses of people anyway, but there they came, wandering in. I don't know if readers like that or not.

Robin

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]