On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 21, 2008

Romantic Times Echoes In The Dark Review

"At last the final Summoning is at hand! The story's focus is split between two Exotiques as they must face their fates and discover potential love. This saga has allowed Owens to explore a variety of archetypes and emotions. The results have been enthralling, and this final chapter is explosive and satisfying." Jill M. Smith, Romantic Times

Pretty darn kewl, huh?

Happy dancing with bored cat....

Here's the Summary:
"Summary: Shipbuilder Raine Lindley's summoning from Earth went horribly wrong, placing her in abusive hands instead of in the hands of those who needed her. Finally rescued, Raine and nobleman Faucon Creusse's task is to produce a ship capable of carrying an army to fight the Dark.

World-famous singer Jikata is abruptly summoned to Lladrana by the aging but powerful Singer. Jikata's four-octave range is the last vital piece needed for the Exotiques' battle to save the sentient planet Amee. Six women from a different world and the men who love them are now the last hope to save both Amee and Earth! (LUNA, Jan., 560 pp., $14.95) HOT"

—Jill M. Smith

Hmmm. I didn't think it was that hot, but **shrug**, if it sells more books...
May you enjoy your day.
Robin

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzane in VT said...

Joins in the happy dancing (though making sure not to step on Robin's toes or the cat). We all knew it would be good. May there be many more to come. Congrats!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your choice of the name Raine, for the Exoctique who is tied to the sea, is just perfect. Can't even begin to explain why, but, it is a perfect choice.

Tine

The Happy Dance has been danced and I CANNOT wait for the book to hit the shelves.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Good luck and much success with you book.

Janice~

2:43 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you.

I DO like the book. It's a little crowded and very fast from the middle on, I think, but that's how it ended up.

Robin

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told my sister and the friends that I've gotten addicted to your books and we had a happy dance party (lol). We are all looking forward to reading this one and seeing how the Lladrana series wraps up although I hope this won't be the last wew see of them, I'm still hoping for a short story or something with Andrew/Koz's story in the future.

8:59 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I had anticipated telling Koz's story in book 6...but there just wasn't room when 6 books went to 5. I suppose I should write down the details I had thought of so that I can revisit sometime if I want. I also had a related short story idea, but with people not in the series. Too bad, so sad.

Robin

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]