On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cratag

I got an email from my Berkley editor for ideas for the cover. So I sent her Signet D'Marigold and made some pics of Cratag. Of course the program DOES have men with scarred faces, but not like the sort I envision Cratag having.

It appears like Heart Change will be the title. ;)

So here's Cratag.
Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

I liked the armor, though I never thought of people having armor on Celta....huh.

May you enjoy all the characters you meet today.
Robin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Cratag. Fine man.

Maybe the armor is a new fad on Celta.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Or maybe someone has found a lost copy of City of Hero...

But why wouldn't they develop some type of armor. Especially something that would help protect police from blaster's. Granted those with strong flair would/might be able to protect themselves. But the guard seems to be a cross section of ability. They have to have developed something that would even the playing field. Or every low level flaired guard would die during the riots in book one.

10:11 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Excellent point, Tannun. I think of Celta as a place without wars...mainly because there continues to be plenty of space, and not too many people, and the sacred places (i.e. the Labyrinth) are not sacred to more than my mostly homogenized society. So wars = armor to me and I didn't think of it.

There are outlaws and bandits, of course, and I've made most of the port cities in the south pretty lawless...

Robin

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the look of the armor. It looked wearable and not so stiff as to impede movement.

Tine

9:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Umm. Where's Cratag's scar? I don't see it in the illustrations.

10:20 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Tine. Jenny, the program I use does have scarred faces, but none of them right and all of them disturbing to me. I didn't edit in.

Thanks,
Robin

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]