On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rules of Magic

I did a seminar on this, on writing fantasy, and I'm thinking about this as I'm working on my writing software seminar (banging out rules of magic for the new proposals) and my worldbuilding seminar next week (eeeeekkkk).

Take a book of evil magic spells. This can work a couple of ways. Is the book itself negative, does it have nasty vibrations? Or is it only a compendium of knowledge, holding spells but vibrationally neutral? Do the spells make it evil, or does it carry the vibrational energy of those who have used it -- evil mages?

If the book itself gives off negative energy, everyone who is sensitive to it will react to it.

Interesting exercise, right?

May you enjoy mental exercises today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]