On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 13, 2008

RMFW -- Day 1

Day 1 of the conference went great. Rained most of the morning but was sunny when I left. I am doing the Memorial table for past members, celebrating the lives of three -- Jack Bickham (who died a while back but WAS a member), Debra Moss and Patricia Werner. I waited until I received some books of Jack's and Pat's from amazon before I left.

Hosted a table on Fantasy and we had a good talk about suspending disbelief. Hung out with some agents later, some friends too, then drove home. I'm not staying at the hotel this year.

Today is the big simile contest (our group usually places because of my wonderful critique partner, Steven Moores who has a knack). My panel with Cassie Miles (mentor) and Christine Goff on genres (and from what I saw in the contest, people NEED to know their genre), and my workshop on 10 things you need in your first 3 pages, is today, too. I'm a little nervous because I included the inciting incident and I'm not sure it needs to come that soon. Still refining the lecture.

May your day go smoothly.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

So what are the 10 things you need in your first 3 pages?

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]