On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Progress; Whimpering; Goodbye Fair Scene

PhotobucketMonday progress: 12 hour day, 3918 words, 4 chapters sewn together.

I spent about 3 hours on one chapter that I'd made several revisions on and screwed up when saving, incorporating.

Whimpering. Please don't make me look at chapter 37 again. But I think it's still messy, so I'll have to.

I reached a point where I was ready to include a very loving, touching scene, and since I think this book is already WAY long, and it came to me that I could "tell" the scene in a couple of paragraphs instead of "showing" it in several pages, I didn't include it. I didn't read it in case I'd be tempted to use it.

HOWEVER, SINCE I DON'T THINK THE SCENE REVEALS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A "SPOILER" I'VE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT HERE AND IS GIVEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BOOK, I MAY INCLUDE IT ON THE READS PAGE OF MY WEBSITE IN JULY...WHEN I GET TO THE WEBSITE IN JULY....

So there.

And since I'm so tired I actually had to look down at my keyboard and search for the CAPS key, I guess I'll say farewell.

May you anticipate delights today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]