On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Deadline Countdown

First, the bad anxiety dreams have started. Last night I ran into a show home with my car, then totalled an old house and my car, got stuck in the rain in a strange city with my cell on the fritz, all before an audience (you folk?). This wasn't the first one, started about a week and a half ago, but it was the worst. I was so glad to wake up.

I've worked hard this am, and am keeping track of wordcount, but now it's all about scenes and the book. The set up seemed long, long, long, so I may see what I can ruthlessly cut to make the book and pacing more even. I'll rely on my beta reader(s) for that.

My brain seems to be fuzzy, so I think I'll go. I think I'll start doing the catsitting thing in the evening after rush hour, or in the dark when I probably have stopped working.

Take care and may all your dreams be good.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Breathe deep,

hold it,

hold it,

hold it,

aaaaaand....let it out. :-)

That's what my yoga teacher would say, anyway.

I'm sure you'll get there, and on time, too!

1:51 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANKS! I DO need to concentrate on my breathing more. pant pant pant

Robin

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]