On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Progress

I have been working steadily on Echoes In The Dark, and now think of the book as that and will no longer consider it Singer For A World. Something about referring to it, naming the files EITD, getting the cover flats. I still like the colors, I still hate the figure of Jikata. I think that this artist is not the same one whose done my other covers, but I don't know. When I get the book, I'll look at that. I asked but was not answered.

Yesterday I sewed 4 chapters together with about 300 words (and probably about an equal amount cut or changed). I'd have done more but I'm VP of Rocky Mtn Fiction Writers and had to be at the picnic -- and that was fun -- to announce our Writer of the Year, more about that later.

I am almost totally concentrating on the book (though I'll go to brunch today, past the Gay Pride parade that's always interesting to watch), I'm making notes of bits to include here and there that will tie up threads of the past 4. My mentor says it's very complex when I tell her about it, and that scares me a little.

Anyway, with luck, I'll turn it in on time (or at least at the last date they gave me, I really should not have signed that contract last year without making note that they'd moved my deadline up, but I was so concerned with Keepers of the Flame that I didn't read it. Shame on me and that's the LAST time that will happen, and the last time I don't ask my agent about it, either).

So that's that. I may be scarce for the next couple of weeks. The shipbuilding has finally occurred chronologically and all my Exotiques are also finally meeting -- a scene I hadn't already written and am working on now.

May you have a simple, lovely day.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can DO this! YOU can do this! You CAN do this! RAH! RAH! RAH!. Yay, Robin, yay! GO! ROBIN! GO!

(Lots of pompoms and band playing in the background) ^_^

Tine

11:07 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANKS, I needed that.

Robin

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]