On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tools

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The laptop is dead. Or rather the hard drive is corrupted and can't be repaired. I figured that out after most of yesterday looking for a boot drive and the software, online and here in the office, which now looks worse than usual and I have people coming at 3. Luckily no one judges each other by the state of their Residence....

And I was the only one who volunteered. So.

I thought hard about it and decided against a new one, though I'd "built" an HP Pavilion dv9500t and a Dell Inspiron 1720. I JUST bought a gorgeous new satin-sided bag for my 15 inch. It has floral decals on the top that I love...so I bought a new hard drive for it on ebay and will pay for someone to put it in. I'm not ready for Vista. It's too new. Like many, I'm waiting for the bugs to get fixed (though I know others may invade).

So, now I'm behind and MUST make the place look decent.
May you have no pressure today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your "crash"... it's horrible to have to deal with. And you're right, stay away from Vista, AS LONG AS YOU'RE ABLE!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! That was the general advice of my friends here, too, several of whom work in the computer field.
Robin

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]