On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, November 16, 2007

Endings

Last night I had a nosebleed in the night. I checked and there's blood on the pillow. I don't know why.

I woke up and Bittersweet (Myx in Heart Dance) was worse. He seemed ok on Sunday when I returned, but since Monday he'd been throwing up and having problems eating. This morning he wobbled as he walked and wouldn't eat the baby food I'd been giving him.

My regular vet has hurt his hand so I took Bittersweet to another...four hours later it was confirmed that my suspicions that he had Feline Aids (FIV) was true. He had kidney failure. I promised him milk as we put him to sleep with an overdose of anesthesia.

I drove home and Chopin's Nocturne in E flat was playing. Beautiful. When I reached home I went to the wine store and bought some Westerhall rum. Drank some before I went to bed. It let me cry.

I have one cat now. Mistral (Samba of Heart Thief). She's the only one left and she's 16, soon to be 17. Fat, in remission for diabetes. She likes being the only cat.

Peace be with you.
Robin

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin... Thinking soothing thoughts for you at this time. It's difficult to lose a "child".

9:43 AM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Hugs - it's so very hard. Every one of them is special and I love the time I have with them, but it's so sad to have to say goodbye.

Blessings of Bast on Bittersweet and you.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

It's never easy to let them go. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs and prayers are being sent your way.

Tine

9:10 PM  
Blogger talia pente said...

Oh (((ROBIN))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. Animals enrich our lives daily, it's terribly difficult to let them go.

Bittersweet is waiting on the rainbow bridge.

talia

8:08 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you all. I am missing him, but with only one cat left, I am missing all the rest even more.
Robin

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]