On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, November 15, 2007

REMAINDERED! And Why I'm Not Crying

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis is a word that makes authors shudder. It means that the publisher is selling their inventory of a book to some of those cheap, cheap places at discount factory stores/malls.

I must admit when I first saw the email my gut clutched. It's the first work of mine that went this way.

BUT, the Remaindered book is the anthology What Dreams May Come and it's the trade paperback size. So the mass market is still out there for a while. I am ok with this.

I am particularly ok with this because I gave away ALL my author copies -- both mass market and trade paperback -- to the conference goers at Colorado Romance Writer's Conference earlier this year. I have precious few left. So I bought some at the deep, deep discount for my own shelves (no, I ain't tellin ya the price).

It did occur to me later that my OWN trade paperbacks may go this way in the future, but to be quite honest, Berkley has been conservative in the print runs, so I'm hoping this won't happen in the future.

Anyway, that's what "Remainder" is.

And, by the way, if you liked that anthology with Sherrilyn Kenyon and Rebecca York and me, I've always felt sad for it's 3 stars on amazon. Just saying. ;)

May no bad news come your way today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]