On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Trying to Fix Massive Internet Mistake By Yourself...

First, I think I'm the only one up in the house, and the link is wonky so might go at any time.

Second, I have been surfing the net once more regarding Keepers of the Flame: ISBN-13: 9780373802623. Occasionally I find someplace I can request the webmaster or SOMEONE to try and change the information. Usually the ISBN is correct, but a blurb for Guardian of Honor and that cover shows up -- if the Summary says Twins it is RIGHT, if it says "savvy Denver lawyer Alexa Fitzwalter" it is WRONG.

I feel like a one woman campaign, and it's irritating and frustrating and important to ME, but, of course, lives are not going to be lost if this is not fixed, and if/when fixed, I shall gratefully subside into my standard non-crusading self.

Trying to pinpoint the problem, I've emailed a couple of my local bookstores to see what THEIR sources have for information about Keepers of the Flame...so if those sources are wrong, I can, perhaps, call/contact them and get the original mistake cleared up.

Still, the mistake seems pervasive on the net, and in languages I can't begin to correct. So it goes.

And that's the publishing bit for today -- sometimes it's up to you and only you. Figure out how much time you want to spend fixing stuff like this. And, for an author of my level, it's completely obscure how much sales I have online anyway and whether this mistaken information will affect my sales or not.

So, yours in confusion, and may your course be clear today,
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]