On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Birthday at the Retreat

High tide was at 6:19 (I am obsessed with the tides and particularly the high tide) and I woke up at 6:23, so instead of making my bed, I flung on my clothes I'd worn last night and ran down to the beach. The sun was rising. I walked until it was above the horizon, orange and framed by streaming clouds. Then I came back in.

I'd passed Wendy/Blythe Gifford while doing her morning pages. She's always the first up who makes coffee (which I don't drink). Then I was here for a little by myself (eating a banana, then a brownie that Anna Destefano made last night) until my roomie came down to reset the server. I worked some on Heart Fate while that was happening, and now Rita Herron is down, too. At the dining room table, I think, but that's on the far side of this huge room in a bay that I can't see. I opened the door to hear the surf, but it's a little too cold. Supposed to be colder for the rest of the week. Still brightly sunny now, though, directly in my eyes.

Anyway sometime this week Gabrielle and I are going to visit a couple of plantations down the way so I can get an idea of garden design. I was figuring out where to put the summer pavilion (mentioned in Heart Thief) in FirstGrove last night. I don't seem to have my map of the garden on my laptop (though I do have the software) or my many flash drives that I brought, so I pulled it off here, which will be good enough for now.

An improv Boo-Yay moment yesterday. I "sponsored" two shirts with book covers for the retreat before this. I was told that Protector of the Flight was snatched right up (yay), but found that no one chose Heart Dance (boo), but that meant that since the shirts were fair game, I got it (yay). It's a pale pink and the colors are more vivid because I got the art on the disk and the covers with the metallic added are a little dimmer. I'm wearing it now (though I also ordered a Protector of the Flight for myself in white and, of course, spilled dark mushroom sauce on the front the other night at dinner).

Feeling a little cold, though the sun has gone behind a pillar and is no longer directly in my eyes, so I'm going to get some tea and back to FirstGrove.

May your heart dance.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaelle said...

Do you mean it's your birthday? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kaelle

10:35 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you. It was good.
Robin

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]