On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Precise Revision

200 pages revised Monday
150 Tuesday
170 Wednesday

Going through and trying to tighten every line, every paragraph, keep any additions to the minimum is very wearing. You can't just read superficially, each word must be scrutinized.

I think I average 15 pages an hour. Not much. And sometimes I get caught up in the story and have to go back. And sometimes the printer sticks.

I still haven't looked at my mentor's corrections, dreading that. And I KNOW it will take a full day to transfer the changes from the hard copy to computer. It's been very rare for me not to mark a page. Even the cleanest can usually be squeezed another extra bit.

So that's that. Eventually it will be done. I'm not thinking of Harry Potter now, but shaping Keepers of the Flame.

May your tasks be easy today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Robin, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog and I like hearing about your progress on Keepers of the Flame. I've read all your books in both series, but my favorites are Heart Mate and Guardian of Honor. Anyway, I hope you have a productive day. Keep up the good work! Anna

8:23 AM  
Blogger Diane P said...

Your books reflect your hard work and your fans appreciate your wonderful books.

12:49 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks anonymous, the 2 first, huh? I just shake my head over Alexa. She walks on stage and takes over. I really think of her as my father's child, the me I would have been if I had a lot of his characteristics and followed more of his path.

Diane, simply thanks. You help.

Robin

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]