On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

I'm off to Mom's in about 1/2 hour, just need to dress in my travel clothes -- I found my Shakespeare as Superman shirt -- the night is windy and cool, but indoors is quite warm.

Kitchen is clean and place is fairly tidy...still not up to scratch. Today -- flight, airport to hotel, check in hotel. Those are my major plans. Crash after reaching hotel.

I have on my pdf a book I need to read for a cover quote and I have the first 137 pages of KOTF in ms form (as opposed to landscape), so I can see the widows and orphans easier and cut. Thing has 47 chapters (chapters running 12-18 pages), and if I can cut 1 page a chapter, I might be there. Sigh.

My healthy back back (big enough for a portfolio), and my laptop case and 1 piece of luggage (the extension zipper already out), are all very heavy as usual, so travelling will be a struggle. I've put my precious engagement/journal in my check through so I'm a little anxious there, but it's just too heavy to add.

Anyway, I feel a little sore because I had a massage yesterday, even though we decided not to really go deep on my muscles...cleaning will do that too.

I'm mostly nervous and somewhat excited. I have all my seminar stuff and if something really goes wrong and I lose it all, it's available in a gmail account.

May any real or imaginary travels you do today go well. Next stop Dallas!
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]