On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dallas Tuesday

I am here safely and have moved from the room I was sharing with two others and into the room with just Sharon -- the hotel was lovely about that.

Yesterday I rode in with Thea Divine and some others on the bus and had a good tour-type driver, though the van was packed and some of the others waited around for a while. Didn't unpack since I was only going to be repacking, and that was pretty much a pain all day. Stuck initial offerings in the goody room (need to check and see how they are doing), talked A LOT to many different folks. Had a 15.00 soup & salad, drink & tip plus, ouch! 12.00 chicken fingers at the bar.

Think I pulled a muscle in my back so I'm a little stiff and creaky today (also not used to sleeping with someone in a double bed), have already used the hot tub twice. Thought that the pool etc would be indoors and didn't pack sunscreen, so have pink face, and if I go back out I'll have to be very careful.

Took me a while to move and unpack, a bath is waiting, then I need to do some promo stuff. I should have packed scissors and didn't, and should have packed my "seminar bag" and didn't. Space was tight, but I think I'd better do that in the future. I DID get some revisions done on Keepers of the Flame, tightening, but haven't moved it over to the computer so I don't know how much I need to cut. I'm hopeful because the writing could naturally be tightened.

May you enjoy your day today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]