On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 09, 2007

8 Things

A while back, Gail Dayton tagged me for a meme of 8 things you might not know about me. So here they finally are.


I more a tactile person than visual or audial.

My grandmother made original brass rubbings when she lived in England and I have them hanging on my walls. I staggered against one after I'd heard the news I'd sold my first book and it fell and the glass broke and I'm superstitious enough not to fix it.

I consider my eyes the color of hazel because my grandfather told me so.

I've broken my right little toe twice as an adult and my left arm once as an adult and my knees are shot from gymnastics.

I have committed much art in my time: pottery, shadow boxes (I have 2, one is VERY tacky with feathers and three coctail "swords" crossed and glitter – and that was done only a few years ago), jewelry, drawing (stick figure type), and am currently playing with collage, even though cutting and pasting has always been my worst thing.

I only started reading creativity and self-help books after I met my writing buddy, Sharon Mignery, now I have dozens.

My favorite flower is the rose and I find that average.

(looking around) I have a backscratcher on my desk that I use frequently, and I use a knife letter opener to stir my tea.

HERE ARE THE RULES FOR MY TAGGEES:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I hope my 8 people haven't been tagged with something like this recently.
Michele Bardsley, Jaci Burton, Michele Hauf, Gena Showalter, Angela Knight, Jeri Smith-Ready, Marjorie M. Liu, P.C. Cast


May you learn something new about your characters today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

Done! Thanks, that was fun.

7:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Jeri!
Robin

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]