On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, May 07, 2007

Word Count and Upcoming, Motivational Quote

Well, I finished Sunday's wordcount at 12:04, technically Monday. I puttered around most of the day, having run into a couple of snags in my transitions yesterday -- delete words and scenes or add? Since I'm already running long, I deleted some. It took quite a while to figure out what I wanted to do, how to lead up to a couple of pivotal scenes.

I also got the art layout for Keepers of the Flame -- all reds and corals and pinks and it took my breath away. Can't post it yet, because it isn't done -- I suggested purple streaks in Bri's hair, but whether they will do that, I don't know.

I REALLY wanted a scene with the twins together and archways behind them leading in different directions (I have a mock up that I sent, but it DOES use someone else's work, so I don't know that I will ever post -- the female face I used for the twins, the arches was a photo I took myself in Canterbury). But this different directions was not to be, a short deadline for the artist too, so it looks like the twins are in nearly the same place as Alexa in Guardian. Don't know that I will be able to include the image on the cover in my book, but now that I know what it will look like I'll let my subconsious mull it over.

Upcoming -- Romancing the Writers Conference this Friday and Saturday, I'm giving a short seminar and my good buddy, Linnea Sinclair, is coming in from Florida for it. Need to dig up my notes -- THERE WILL BE A PUBLIC BOOK SIGNING ON FRIDAY NIGHT, THE PLACE IS THE RENAISSANCE INN NEAR OLD STAPLETON. More later.

I also donated a couple of things to Brenda Novak's Diabetes auction -- a proposal critique (now at $77) and something we're working on -- an ARC of Heart Dance and the copy edits of Heart Quest that I just got back from Berkley, so people can see how I write and my lack of punctuation.... Currently that stands at $6.00 and the description needs to be revised.

I also need to finish the update on my website, people have been good lately in emails complementing my work which helps A LOT, and I need to get back to them...

Tired and wanting to go to bed.

Here's a motivational quote that I got off one of those quotes/affirmation calendars that I collect (from a few years ago Sat/Sun July 6-7). We can't stop the waves, but we can learn to surf. -- Jonathan Kabat-Zinn

May you really get a lovely large wave and fun ride today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]