On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Writing Anywhere

This was written at the creativity weekend.

It's very disconcerting to be writing, facing yourself in a miror that's too big to cover (and attached to the wall to boot). Can't take off my glasses, because then I can't even see the computer and that would also WHAM against unfamiliarity which also slows me down.

I thought once, that I could write in any surroundings. Maybe I've gotten spoiled since the day job ended, or maybe I was always wrong. I can write in surroundings that seem a little familiar. Of course, I've been coming to this con for many years, but I usually am assigned a different room...still, that shouldn't be hard, except for the mirror. Though I did do this blog with the mirror, before I turned on the light.


May you be swept away into the zone and ignore your surroundings today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]