On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 02, 2007

I heard but I didn't listen

I live on a somewhat busy street, so I am used to judging the day and the time by the sound of car wheels travelling along. For the last couple of weeks, there's been birdsong in the mornings, perhaps waking me up, and I vaguely noticed it.

This morning I realized that I'd heard the birds, but I hadn't listened. So I lay in bed and listened. There are, of course, no good words to describe birdsong. I can say whir-whir-whir-whoooo-chirrup and you might or might not be able to guess the bird I was listening to. And there were about three different types, and a variation on one.

It's one of those things that must be experienced, and listened to. So I did, until the birds flew away.

And dawn broke and the sun streamed through my windows.

May you listen today and be cheered by what you hear.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You too give pleasure to others through your writing, Robin.

Just want to tell you that it's such a good thing that your books are available for download because my only source of your books (www.acmamall.com) now lists your books as "Not For Sale In Malaysia". I could buy from Amazon.com but I'd be risking losing the books at customs inspection.

Sigh, dunno what's WRONG with my govt. I suppose they're protecting us from your subversive material.

Right. All those talking cats...

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, the post above was supposed to be a response to your later post. see what clicking in a hurry does to you.

3:56 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Wow, Roslyn, wonder why.

Subversive in Malaysia, that has a ring to it...

I don't have my e-rights, so Berkley and Luna make all the decisions as to what will be issued.

Robin

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]