On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Inhale deeply....

All my characters (except the cats and animal companions), do this. I do this. So I'm doing it now....

My friend who had the brain tumor died last week. I've been putting up some stuff that I'd written before, and you might find other entries that are cranky and moody to come.

We are an extended family, and since I was published, I took a small step back because I was writing and had the full time job. Yes, survivor guilt.

Anyway, he had a live journal and I'm printing it out for his wife and his young daughter. I've fumbled a couple of times doing this. Just finished perusing some of his entries to include in the memorial service booklet.

May you cherish your friends and family today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane P said...

I am very sorry for your friend's family and you. I am sure your friend knew how much you cherished him.

I took a week off to help my dear friend after her surgery for breast cancer, but I ended up taking care of her hubby who had metastasized bone cancer. We got him up and doing some writing before I left. A month later he was gone. It seems unbelievable how quickly a living breathing person can be gone.

We have to think about how blessed we were to have known our friends. What our lives would have been without them is much less rich.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Mighty hugs, Robin.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,
I'm so sorry for your loss. From your blogs, it sounds like its been a rough year for you so far. Just hang in there and know that we're all pulling for you.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Robin, I'm so very sorry. I'm sending hugs and kitty snuggles.

9:54 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANK YOU, FOLKS.

Robin

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]