On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 09, 2007

Teaching/Learning/Sharing Quote

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm working on my website for this month and mining the quotation sites for my Free Your Artist page and ran across this, which has an analogy that I love...

"If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea... No one possesses the less, because every other possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me." Thomas Jefferson

Thank you for sharing my candle today, pass on the light.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all your stories and love the cat mouth cats. You have the cats down to a science. Your stories are entertaining and well told. please keep it up. Thanks

11:17 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank YOU anon. I do try hard with the cats, and hope that they show their personalities, of course, they all have that arrogance...

Robin

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]