On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Gilderoy Lockhart -- Character Themes & Music, sidetrip to Bodypainting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Body Painting by Rick Mills

Lately I've put all the music on my computer on random select, everything from Elvis to drum solos by Al Gromer Khan.

Now, you all should know I LOVE to write to film scores, and I love the Harry Potter soundtracks (though I think I was one of the few who actually bought the Witches of Eastwick soundtrack so knew some of the themes Williams used in the Potter films immediately...had to let that out).

I was actually paying attention to what came on and it was Gilderoy Lockhart's theme. A good piece of music, but it didn't strike me as Gilderoy's character and that bothered me. I'm not sure what it was, probably too serious or something (though there's a darker shade there and THAT I liked and accepted).

So people get ideas about your characters that you might not know, and may choose different theme songs for them than you would...I think I lost the point...maybe everyone sees your characters from their own experiences and will form their own ideas from that. (Hmmm, I feel a blog coming on about secondary characters, and since I'm in a blog writing mood so I can write and store them and trot them out later, I guess I'll do it...)

I'm working with chakra information for both Heart Fate and Healers of Hope and found the above photo on a site for the chakras and saved it for reference. I think I linked to the site when I did my Free Your Artist page on body art...(T'Ash's tatt on HeartMate's reissue cover, you know).

LINK TO BODYPAINTING, NOTE NUDITY.


May your characters make themselves heard today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilderoy Lockhart has, definitelly, a very dark side; a character easy to recognize from real life, unfortunately.
The body paint looks and sounds like fun! Thanks for the interesting websites.
Ordered today HeartDance, from the local book store - they couln't find it at first and when I said that it was already listed in Amazon.ca they did a further search & it was found....still under "Robert Owens"!

9:13 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, anon, but I think there was a bit of glitter and pomp and flash and don't know that I heard that... I found the bodypainting when doing chakra research (for both Heart Fate and Healers of Hope).

Urgh! with the Robert Owens... I'd forgotten that.

Take care,
Robin

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]