On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dance

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday I went to my unpublished friend's memorial service. Hopefully we will get her manuscripts and if not submit them, at least print them out for her children. Apparently they are in an old Wordperfect format and her daughter planned on just reformatting them into Word. I told her to send them to me before she reformats...anyway enough technical speak when I wanted to talk about inspiration.

I held onto the shineyness of being a published writer as long as I could...probably about two years...which is not too bad for a honeymoon time. Now I get weary and grumpy and grind my teeth at the publishing BUSINESS (and at myself for writing niche books-- but I AM writing books I like, which is not to be sneezed at).

The memorial reminded me that I HAVE been lucky enough to write and be published and get some money doing it. I am fulfilling my dream, even if I sometimes think there is a financial Sword of Damocles hanging over me. I am doing what I want, and that is a very wonderful thing.

Mile High Church of Religious Science has a Music Ministry and one of the singers sang "I Hope You Dance," which really touched me. So I need to remember to dance more. Maybe the new guy cat would like to dance better than the other kitties (and let's face it, he's rib-counting scrawny, not like the fat Mistral).

So I plan to dance and write today. Or write and dance. May you write and dance today, too.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]