On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Copy EditorsII

They gave me a new copy editor, probably due to time constraints. I had an initial spurt of irritation, then decided this was a Very Good Thing. It would give me fresh eyes that didn't know my language and would make me explain where others might get confused. So good.

S/he didn't understand MotherDam. Now that is a word that I've been using from the first, Grandmother, but indicating the Mother's Mother. So when I found her confused note (when I introduced Saille's mother), I went back a couple of times and explained.

Yes, on the whole, a good thing. Haven't made staggering progress, first pages pretty clean, only one "stet" (keep it like it is) used.

May your day go smoothly.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Katey Coffing, Ph.D. said...

Hey, you made lemonade, Robin. :) Well done!

3:05 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks Katey! Now I have the After Submission, Before Release DOUBTS, but it's done...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]