On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Refilling the Well

Writers often talk about Refilling the Well, taking a break after a large project to play, read, experience other creative things that will lead to the enhancement of their own creativity.

I am of two minds of this matter. There are times when it's hard to write. But even with a minor schedule, or granting yourself permission to write whatever you want or however much you want, you can keep going.

Of course it is just after midnight now, and my brain is foggy, so this is NOT the time to be saying there is no such thing as burn out or a dry well. I think more often than not a refocus is needed...but that's just me. And heaven knows I've been VERY tired of writing...

So I hope I made a little sense. Feedback on this is welcome, and may you have wonderful fresh ideas today.

Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Mills said...

I'm with you, it might also be that you need to shift your focus to bring freshness to what you love doing.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited... Amazon just told me that they have shipped Protector of the Flight. It will be there when I get home. Yippee~

8:03 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Robyn, thanks. I do know that some people can burn out and must rest, but for me, the more I write, the more the ideas come.

Readerdiane, Oh. Boy. Now I can start getting nervous about the book. I've been reading it. I made mistakes. But I still like it even with its flaws, so I hope you do too.

Robin

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]