On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Reply and more info to Series Notes -- Celta

It looks like I need to take a glance at my Families research and change T'Elder dying. I think I mention him in Heart Thief (he's the one who makes gliders, I belive), and since Heart Dance takes place during Alder, I've already written a scene with him there.

So it looks as if T'Spindle will be biting the dust, but I'll double check.

About Solstice -- I'm missing Solstice between Heart Quest and Heart Dance. Heart Quest ends just at Halloween, which is not October but Elder. Elder gets a full month before Birch (approx. our November). Heart Dance takes place approximately mid-January. It's a hard winter for Druida that year.

In fact, I mentioned New Year's (Birch Full Twin Moons) several times, but not Solstice. I'll have to think on this.

You all should pick up on my set up for Heart Fate when you read bits in Heart Dance. They are there, in fact, I think I already subconsiously started setting up for Antenn Moss-Clover-Blackthorn's story in Heart Dance, if we ever reach that far).

So Solstice is missing, but I think the winter set in fast and hard and bad, so it was cold and maybe not as cheery as usual with a society shaken from events in Heart Quest.

May you have an interesting time of deciding your characters' fates today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane P said...

I read your comments over on Dear Author.... I hope that your series will be allowed to continue. I love connected series if they are well done and I can connect to the characters.

Why do some tv series last so long??
The stories are interesting, we get invested and the characters grow.
Think of the Friends' fans and Sex in the City...
I need more than straight romance now a days, unless it is really well done. I think that is why I am not buying historical fiction now.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried to read the excerpt from Heart Dance and I get a note saying that the "file" is damaged. This happened from two different computers!

7:52 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon, I'll check with my webmistress. Everything just went up last night, so we'll see how to get you there...

Robin

Diane,

Thanks, I hope so, too. I've really enjoyed the Luna books.
Robin

1:00 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon, the file is now working for me.

Thanks for telling me.
Robin

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]