On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Audio Books & Subliminal Motivation

I believe in subliminal tapes. They work for me. That said, I fell asleep last night while re-listening (for about the 10th time) to The Three Fates by Nora Roberts, the final tape. It's one of my favorite books, and I have it in audio and paperback.

This would not be a problem, except I forgot to set the system to turn off at a certain time. The tape replayed through the night. I'd wake up, hear a bit, doze, wake up hear another bit (or the same one), doze some more. I finally woke up to hear the climax, then decided to turn it off and get some good sleep. Before I fully came awake, dawn broke.

So, I like falling to sleep to audio books. It's like the universe is reading to me. But the same tape, over and over? It will be interesting to see what effect that has on my writing (or revising, more like).

May you not be repetitious today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

No way!
It sounds like audio books put you to sleep.
I thought I was the only one.
When I have difficulty sleeping, I can put one on and am lulled by the sameness of the reader's voice.
Works like a charm.
I've tried a few different authors and it works the same. That's why I borrow from my library.
Experimenting for the one that keeps me awake. Maybe I shouldn't sweat it afterall.

It will be interesting when/if you do a followup with this and let us readers know what, if anything, got sparked by this unusual sublimial inspiration.

cute post.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got two little books at the Library that would cheer up any lover of romance:
The love of the dot and the straigh line - do not remember author unfortunatelly and
The Simple truth about love by Bradley Trevor Greive.
This is a thank you information as exchange for the cheer up you deliver !! Thanks again

4:13 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Reader.

I think I saw the dot and the line as a short animation...


I did more revising than writing and the audio didn't affect me. ;)

Robin

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]