On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stream of Consciousness

Not sure what to say this am. Not feeling like writing about writing and publishing. And though I am pretty much obsessed about it, life DOES get in the way and hit you over the head with bad things and attracts your attention. Bleh! And am I going to fix that sentence. No. Got bad news last night, but news I am not free to spread around. And Scorpios do keep secrets.

So consider the above a not-so-great example of Stream of Consciousness writing, the first of which I know of being Tristam Shandy by Laurence Stern published in England in the 1750s. An older technique than you expected? Might be even earlier in non-English cultures. I’m sure someone’s studied that.

Take care, and may your writing be uplifting today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger merlinsmuse said...

Sorry to hear about your bad news, Robin. I'm sending best wished and positive energy your way to help (whatever the problem).

Cathy

7:02 PM  
Blogger merlinsmuse said...

**wishes** DUH!

7:02 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Robin

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]