On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Best Part of Signings

I had a signing yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I know. I didn't publicize it in any way (except maybe I put it on the RMFW loop). My brunch friends didn't know until I showed up in velvet (the blouse on this pic and some black velvet pants). The air was cool all day so heavier material was called for.

Brunch had many, many people due to the particular crisis that village is going through, and since no one else has spoken of it on the net, I am not going to be the first to announce it. The village knows and that's enough for now. When one of the primary movers and shakers of this village (or, rather, one of the epicenters) sees fit to talk about this on live journal (I have an account I never use except to leave comments), I'll talk about it here.

ANYWAY, sorry for the digression, T. The best thing about signings is when someone comes up to you with a load of previously purchased and READ books and asks you to sign them. Really, FABULOUS. So thanks, T., and I'm not using your name because we are in a public forum. Like I said, you made my day, and when the other authors you like sign and you go to THEIR signings, always know that they like to sign books. Otherwise, the new Borders was lovely (and makes a to-die-for hot chocolate with chocolate syrup swirls, shavings of white and dark chocolate...yum!), the other authors -- Lizzi T. Leaf, Cindi Myers, and Kally Jo Surbeck were wonderful company.

Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger ksurbeck said...

It was wonderful getting a chnace to hang out for a few hours and talk shop with you. The new books look great. Thanks!


Kally

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]