On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Writing Seminars

Yes, I believe in attending these and that sometimes I can learn from even the most basic of seminars – hear something in a way before that I’d missed. So when I go to conferences I continue to look at what’s offered that might continue to help me grow and master my craft.

And I give a few, too. ;) I have one called Survive To Write, Write to Survive: How to Hang in There Until You’re Published – Practical Techniques that I’ll be giving to the Heart of Denver Chapter of Romance Writers of America in January. I’ve done this one on line a couple of times, too.

I recently submitted a seminar to national RWA. The deadline is November 1 and the competition is fierce. I heard that snappy titles can really make a difference so this is:
Kill Your Negative Inner Critic! Experience the Joy of Writing! – Practical Exercises.

I think “practical” is important. It means I just won’t spout off about experiences, that I have A Plan. I really like the seminar I put together. I hope I have a chance to give it.

May your writing flow today without any need of brainpower on technique.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]