On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blank Space

One day a student asked Taiga, "What is the most difficult part of painting?" Taiga answered, "The part of the paper where nothing is painted is the most difficult." - Zen Saying

Lately writing has been work and I think of the blank page with dread. I also think of the above saying and it heartens me...if Zen masters still have that problem, I'm in good company.

Yes, little RAH! RAH! sayings help, small pep talks.

When the writing is good, when I'm really in the zone and rockin' it can be almost as good as sex.

So I've come to the conclusion that if I sit at the computer long enough, eventually I'll overcome the blank page and start writing, then I'll get in the zone, then... This could work.

Bottom line, derrier in the chair.

May the blank space give you no trouble today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]