On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Comfort Reads

First, it's getting so when I think I might have addressed a topic I do a search of my blog. I really don't want to bore you all with repeats of other than really necessary stuff, though with the passage of time, we all can get fresh views of a topic.

That said, I know I haven't spoken of Comfort Reads.

We all have them, that book or those books or that author(s) we turn to when we just want to escape for a while. My favorite is Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, Jayne Castle.

I trust her.

To deliver a story I enjoy, watch the characters, admire the turn of a phrase or the crafting of a love scene.

This is why we "buy the new AUTHOR'S NAME." We know that they won't kill off POV characters, describe grisly details, end unhappily. For comfort reads, those are three must haves for me.

It's different than when I'm feeling strong and adventurous, ready to bend my mind around a new world.

May you be daring OR comfortable today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, you're my "comfort" read. My husband just shakes his head when he sees me wandering around with your books.

1:21 PM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Comfort reads. That's why a good book is like a good friend.

moon

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]