On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Waiting for Insipiration and Self Indulgence

Which are pretty much the same to me, and I've been engaging in a bout of the latter. Didn't do much except sleep and read yesterday -- a couple of books for cover quotes, and no, I'm not going to talk about them until I mull the stories over.

Anyway, I'm late this am, and in thinking mode, if I was rationalizing, I'd say refilling my well, but I think I'm just being self indulgent. It's easy to do as I live alone. Sigh.

And I'm hot. I have a window air conditioner in the back junk room, so I may start thinking about tidying it up enough to work with my laptop on the tiny desk there (my old roomie, an interior designer said I never saw a desk I didn't like and I actually COULD have desks in every room, fine with me). Or I might start taking my laptop to work and stay a couple of hours.

I'm way behind on the next heart book because I wanted the first turning point to be great and I've printed out all my work and need to arrange it, still, and I've been concentrating on the Luna proposals, which I had anticipated having in a week ago and it will probably be next week. Sigh.

I guess I'm scared, too, and just keep going, which is good (though the omlette I just ate is not sitting well when I think about all that I need to do). So I guess I'd better go do it, turn off this monster, maybe cool off by dipping in the tub full of water I keep in the bathroom this time of year, MAYBE induldge a little more, then really hit it. I hope. Maybe time to pull out those subliminal affirmations I use, too.

May inspiration visit you today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll feel lucky to live now if you read this:"Ten Lost Years", Barry Broadfoot,interviews with Canadians who lived through the Depression. In their own words.
Since you attend Romance Writters Conferences, etc. you might know: is there a prohibition for men to write/publish romances? I can find only Fabio; or are they only allowed when using pseudonyms?.
Zane Grey was wonderful though.

2:36 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Reader, usually men use pseudonyms. I have a critique buddy (male) who has been writing romance for some time, but I think will be published in mystery first. Rod Casteel is a guy who publishes electronically, under his own name. RWA had a male president for several years, Harold Lowry, who writes as Leigh Greenwood.

I pulled up a site for you (but you may have to cut and paste).

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/alt1/archive/styles/96/10/ROMANCE_NOVELS_BAR.html

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very helpful, thanks for your time and the info. Loved the websites.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]