On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cover Flats

A Cover Flat is a sample cover of the whole cover of the book, usually given to salespeople with "sales points" on the opposite side to pitch to booksellers.

I usually only get a couple of cover flats from Berkley, and on several of my books the art didn't QUITE match the flat which didn't quite match the book.

A couple of days ago I got the cover flats for the mass market paperback of Guardian of Honor and I'm a little concerned because it looks a lot darker or "grayer" than the trade paperback cover. I haven't actually compared the two yet and I'm hoping that when the book comes out (in January), it will look ok.

So that's the blog for today, short at least.

May your imagination go far beyond any cover images today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got a letter wrong while trying to get your website and found robindownes, designers, very interesting.
Finally I found yours and saw the cover for Protector. Just lovely!

12:32 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, yes, the infamous OWNEES, I think everyone with a variation of the name Owen gets Owne or Ownes at times. My Dad used to make a joke of it. I make that mistake myself...and as soon as I comment, I'll take a look at her site.

Robin

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]