On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Manuscripts and Books and Reissues, Oh My!

Scary. I was watching the banner of Heart Choice cycle and I realized that it came out a year ago. It felt more like three. I believe I turned it in November of 2004, and I haven't read it through since. Huh.

I can remember sitting at Common Grounds on one of the weeks I took off to work on it. That week was one when a friend of mine died and I was able to visit her before she passed on. I attended the memorial service of the mother of my friend who now has brain cancer.

Time passes. But Heart Choice, the LAST Heart book out, is now two stories away from the one I'm working on now, Heart Match, and I have one more story under contract and a third at proposal stage in the Heart books and am working on the next three Luna books. Beads on a necklace.

Some of this delay was all my fault. My schedule was so tight that when Sorceress needed the rewrite, all my other deadlines got screwed up and I'm still playing catch up.

Still, Heart Choice seems a long time ago, and HeartMate, coming out next month, seems positively ancient. Which reminds me that I need to make up a story for that darn tattoo on the new cover.

May all your stories feel fresh today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the excerpts from: HeartMatch, HeartFate and HeartChange? and the story of the tatoo. Greedy I am!
Hope you revisit the Healing Groove mentioned in HeartThief in future books, it was very restful. Maybe if you do, it will help to replenish your energy. I know it helps me to re-read that passage.
Loved your comments giving more background on Celta. Thanks, it makes easier to visualize when reading.
Losing loved friends is very sad and changes life. All the best wishes for your friend.

12:48 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks! I've been slow in adding exceprts, mostly because I don't know what will be included in the back of the next books!

Healing Grove will probably be the main setting for Heart Fate, Tinne's story, as his heroine will find the place in chapter 2, I believe.

My friend is holding in there, but we are not too hopeful, and since he's a man in the prime of his life with a young daughter, it's going to be difficult for our "village." We will all be learning to cope.

Robin

2:28 PM  
Blogger RoslynCT said...

Hi this is my first time to your blog. FYI, I looked for it because I wanted to ask something of you. Can you make your books available on www.ereader.com? I just bought Sherrilyn Kenyon's DarkHunter series in one go from ereader.com and wanted to buy your Heart series as well. But none available. It's heartbreaking to read about your newest releases online and I know I won't be able to read your books for months. An e-book takes seconds to download..

Please please think about it?

7:32 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Roslyn, I also got your email. ;) However, I don't have the electronic rights to the Heart books, Berkley does, and it's up to them to sell them....

Robin

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]