On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Motivation 2

Image hosting by PhotobucketThis time the motivation blog is about me as an author. One of the reasons that Celebrate Romance was great was because people there read and liked my books...and told me so.

I think one of the last conversations I had before I left the dining room where breakfast and the informal booksigning was consisted of...

"Good luck on the book!"
"It's...um...Protector of the--"
A hand wave. "Doesn't matter what it is, I love all your stuff. Keep on writing!"

Oh, YEAH! So I have more nuggets of appreciation to hold to me in the downtimes and motivate me as I enter the deep darkness of the Deadline Cave, filled with robin-sucking-quicksand swamp.

May all your deadlines seem like journeys today.
Robin

8 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela said...

It is quite funny, I have been reading your blog for awhile, but I haven't read your books. I went to the bookstore to buy guardian of honor earlier this week, but they were out of copies and they werent sure when they would get it! So I suppose I would have to wait a little bit longer

I like the snippets though :) I just wanted to cheer you up.

8:47 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks for the note! If you want Guardian and don't want to special order it from your store (which is a free service), it will be out in mass market paperback next January. I'll be putting another excerpt up on my website (under Reads) this month when I finally update.

Thanks again,
Robin

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a question about the blogg.
There are empty margins in rust colour but the center seems to be too narrow to see the notes so one has to roll down (maybe is just my screen though). Wouldn't it be easier less marging an no empty espace?

4:25 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I think you're right, reader...but I borrowed a template and know only enough to change colors and do some other stuff. It took me about 2 full days to figure that out, so it will have to wait until I have more time to learn html.

But it sure is something to think about. Thanks.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Actually, I find the narrow paragraphs easier to read on a computer screen than ones that take up all the horizontal space. I'd rather scroll than lose my place or end up with an eyestrain headache. My husband, who does website design, agrees--"white space" is a good thing. I'm pretty sure that's why Blogger's templates are designed that way.

Just another opinion.

7:40 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Hmmm, Jeri, thanks. That explains the wide margins in my blog and website. Like this comment section. Also, just thought of this, but I am on a smaller screen and I know there are a lot of wider screens out there and the horizontal space could get massive...but all this IS something to think about.

Robin

8:05 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Hey! I know that cave! Oh yikes! I'm IN that cave!!!

I remember thinking that I work better with a deadline. I gotta tell you, I am working harder than I thought possible. BIC every available moment.

Here's to hoping it's all worth it in the end.

Remind me why we do this.

LOL!

terri (who has no contract but perhaps the potential for one?)

11:36 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Moonhart, we do this...uh...to shut up the voices in our head? heads?

Robin

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]