On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Using the Title

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I like to include the title in my book somewhere, and I think it's important for me in my Luna series where the title refers to the heroine. So I have found a place to use the title in the work, having someone call my heroines this, "Guardian of Honor," "Sorceress of Faith," and "Protector of the Flight." It's a little disconcerting, though, when they change the title on you. For the Heart books, I usually use the words together in a sentence. i.e. He was truly a heart thief....She pursued her heart quest...

I include the titles of my books in the work itself because I like to read it in other books. I think it adds a little something extra, and with the Luna books, it can deepen the scene it's in a bit, add another layer. I hope readers find this so, too.

May you never lack for a good title.
Robin

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeri said...

It's a well-known drinking game to toss one back when a movie's title is uttered. You think it's the same for books? When I read Sorceress I'll make sure to have a cold one handy. :-)

It shakes me out of the moment when I hear/read the title verbatim. I feel like there should be a dramatic musical flourish with a big neon arrow pointing to it. But that's just me. Others probably feel differently.

4:32 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Huh, Jeri, I didn't think of that. I'll consider it. Usually it IS a dramatic moment...like in Guardian of Honor, but as for the Heart books, it seems to be more ordinary...I think I state Trif is on her heart quest a couple of times.

Thanks for the input.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]