On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, January 13, 2006

Change of Method

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Yesterday I couldn't settle down. I had an appointment in the middle of the day and a later one (research) that had some mildly tricky timing with the bus. I messed around and did housework most of the am, then when it was time to go for my mid-day appointment I hadn't made my wordcount. I'd JUST started, but a few sentences were lurking in my brain. So I was ready to take off when my conscience got the better of me and I went back into the house for a microcassette recorder. I talked at stop lights, when the traffic was slight, and a couple of minutes after I reached my destination.

Since I haven't transcribed the tape I don't know how many words I got done -- not a lot, I don't think, maybe a page to finish up a scene, but a page is better than none. The thing is THE CHANGE OF METHOD HELPED ME.

Change of method is one way to be fresh, to get around being stuck. Write longhand. Dictate. Block print. Use whatever might get you going.

As always, may the words flow easily today for us all!
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]