On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

GAFIAte

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Is an sf/f fan (fen) word: Getting Away From It All. I often advise taking a laptop (or pen and paper) to another location if stuck, or if you can't get into writing. Well, I finally followed my own advice Monday night. A big draw was the fact that I'd finished my daily wordcount by early afternoon, and the local coffee house had live Blues. Hard to beat that!

So off I went, with laptop, just to work a little, if I wanted, on one of my upcoming proposals. No pressure. I got the first scene completely done and pretty well polished and a solid start on the second scene.

The walk to the coffee house was very cold (and very short), but refreshing. The whole night was refreshing. So I want to once again advise a break from the home office and take the writing somewhere else. Since the weather is turning cold and my heating bill was outrageous (and I've been d**n good!) I may start trolling the libraries.

May new surroundings give you new inspiration.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just to say Wowww and i wish your and your dears a wonderful new year. i will bookmark your site at digital renaissances .
take care
your gregor

6:26 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Take care yourself, Gregor.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Alexis Moon said...

There's a little cafe/playhouse some where in town. I know it's around here somewhere and probably within walking distance. I think I may just venture out (pen and paper in hand, of course) and find it.

Good luck to you in your writing Robin. New places are always a blessing. And some times, inspiring.

Happy Writing,
Amber

1:45 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Good for you, Amber!

Robin

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]